Link building is a practice that has been in effect for a number of years on the Internet. It is the process of putting a link on your website that goes to someone else’s website, or someone puts a link on their website that goes to your site. Not only do links bring traffic from […]Continue reading...
SEO companies can do wonders for your company, helping you boost your rankings on search engines and earning you more visitors to your website. In today’s world that revolves around the internet, more and more SEO companies are starting to appear, but not all are created equally. Before hiring one to promote your brand, you […]Continue reading...
When people discovered about the potential of SEO, many jumped into the bandwagon of improving their web pages in any way they can. Some of them who were not satisfied probably made conclusions without further researching on the capabilities of SEO marketing. Therefore, SEO myths were born.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the digital process of enhancing the visibility of a website in different search engines. A myth, on the other hand, can be defined as a traditional, ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, or a popular belief that has become associated with a person, or institution.
SEO myths have become rampant that only those with a keen sense of discovering things can identify which are true and which are myths. Based on research, here are the top ten SEO myths:
1. Apply SEO once and you are all set to be number one in search engines. This SEO myth just needs common sense to be busted. SEO marketing is an ongoing work that needs dedication. If you are not faithful to it, it will not give back the result you are waiting for.
2. You need to have a high Google PageRank to have a better search engine ranking. Google PageRank is one factor being considered when ranking sites. It is different from search engine rankings and should not be regarded as the only factor that affects site rankings.
3. Investing in Pay Per Click Advertisements helps or hinders site ranking potential. Pay Per Click advertisements are independent from search engine ranking results. It does not affect web site rankings.
4. Paid links are bad for rankings. Paying another website to link to your site can be considered an SEO tactic. If you are getting favorable results from it, why can consider it bad?
5. It takes years to have good results from SEO The right SEO marketing strategies coupled with diligence and perseverance can result to positive effects on your ranking. It will surely take time, but if you are industrious, then results will come in even on a short time.
6. All you need to do is build links. Building links is one of the many strategies in SEO marketing. Regular content updates, optimizing web page design are also part of the tactics.
7. Submit your website URLs to different Search Engines This may help, but make sure that there are incoming links so the rankings go up.
8. Great content results to high website ranking. Great content needs great marketing too. It is important to have a varied set of strategies to reach your target audience.
9. Top ranking can be guaranteed. There is really no guarantee in any effort that you exert in making your website rank. There are no goals accomplished in an instant.
10. Include follow tags. It does not help your website’s ranking. Search engines, by default, follow mentioned links in your website.
These SEO myths are still present in the minds of many website owners. It is important to know that these SEO myths can be busted through hard work and watchful insights.(Comments Off on Top 10 SEO Myths)